How Healthy Are Your Gums?
- When I brush or floss my teeth, do my gums bleed easily?
- Do I have swollen, red or tender gums?
- Do I have a persistent bad taste in my mouth or bad breath?
- Are my gums receding, or are my teeth looking longer?
- Am I a smoker?
- Have I been diagnosed with osteoporosis or diabetes?
- Does anyone in my family have gum disease?
- Have I visited my dentist within the past six months?
If you answered "no" to all of the questions above, congratulations! You've got great gums! Keep brushing and flossing twice a day, eating a balanced diet and visiting your dentist regularly.
If you answered "yes" to any of the questions, see your dentist or a periodontist soon about your risk for periodontitis and to discuss possible treatment options. If you smoke, quit now. Your chances of developing periodontitis are two-to-seven times greater than those of nonsmokers.
Contact our office more information about Gum Care.
Advanced Dental Care of Norton Services: